I am a fan of the following:
- Recipes which only require 5 or less ingredients.
- Recipes that incorporate vegetables in a yummy, discrete way.
- Recipes that only take 30 minutes or less to make.
This recipe for Egg Mozzarella Bites hit all the right spots, including my family’s tummies! It’s not just for kids – my husband is a big fan of these bite-sized snacks.
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (I used peas, carrots and corn)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Salt to season
- 1/2 - 1 cup of shredded mozarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a mini muffin tin by generously spraying it with cooking spray. Make sure the bottom and sides of the cavities are coated, or the bites will stick.
- Put frozen vegetables into a pot of boiling water and let sit for a minute or so, until vegetables soften slightly. Drain the water. You can also leave them frozen if you prefer.
- Crack 3 eggs into a 2-cup glass measuring cup (for easy pouring) and add 2 tablespoons of milk. Season lightly with salt. Whisk until slightly frothy.
- Put about 1/2 tablespoon of vegetables into each muffin cavity.
- Pour the egg mixture into each cavity. Be careful not to overfill. Leave a little space on the top!
- Generously sprinkle mozzarella over each one.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from the muffin tin gently. You may need to use a knife to loosen each one.
- Leave to cool on a rack.
- Double the recipe to make regular-sized muffins!
ABOUT ALISON: Alison Lee is the co-editor of the upcoming anthology, Multiples Illuminated: A Collection of Stories and Advice from Parents of Twins, Triplets or More. In another life, Alison was a PR and marketing professional. After a 10-year career in various PR agencies and of the world’s biggest sports brands, she traded in product launches and world travel, for sippy cups, diapers, and breastfeeding. Alison is a former blogger (Writing, Wishing), and her writing has been featured on Mamalode, On Parenting at The Washington Post, The Huffington Post, Everyday Family, Scary Mommy, and DrGreene.com. She is one of 35 essayists in the anthology, My Other Ex: Women’s True Stories of Leaving and Losing Friends. In 2012, she founded Little Love Media, a social media consultancy specializing in blog book tours, and because she doesn’t sleep, is the Submissions Editor at BonBon Break. Alison lives in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, with her husband and four children (two boys and boy/ girl twins). Follow her onTwitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and LinkedIn.