Word Count: 800 – 3,000
Submissions open: September 1, 2015 to November 8, 2015
Compensation: $40 per essay
Original, previously unpublished essays only.
Our upcoming anthology Multiples Illuminated: A Collection of Stories and Advice from Parents with Twins, Triplets and More brings together the world of multiples through shared experiences. Megan Woolsey and Alison Lee, both writers and mothers of multiples (triplets and twins respectively), are calling writers who would like to contribute a personal essay and/or advice on their experience with infertility, pregnancy and the first couple of years of raising multiples. Make us laugh, cry, think, and help us learn about multiples through your words.
We would love to read your stories that touch on any of the following topics:
- Infertility – trials, tribulations, triumphs
- Family and friends’ reactions to your big news
- Humorous or heartwarming about your multiples pregnancy
- Preparations for having multiples
- Beautiful or humorous stories about your delivery
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) trials and triumphs
- Coping with newborn multiples
- Financial impact of caring for multiples
- Milestones (walking, talking, etc.)
- Multiple siblings bonds
- Funny stories about things people say to parents of multiples
This is just a guideline; feel free to write about your unique experience with being a parent of multiples.