One of the reasons we wrote Multiples Illuminated: A Collection of Stories and Advice From Parents of Twins, Triplets and More is because the resources available for parents of multiples is limited. Even more limited is a resource for fathers of multiples. Here’s where this book comes in.
Dads tend to get lost in the mix of parenting websites and books. The focus is always on Mom – infertility and trying to conceive, pregnancy, labor, and delivery, the first months and years. It is because mothers ARE pivotal in this journey, but so are fathers.
Which is why I truly appreciated Joe Rawlinson’s book, Dad’s Guide to Raising Twins: How to Thrive as a Father of Twins. Here are five reasons we think you should get this for the man of multiples in your life!
- Rawlinson covers everything you need to know about twins – from day one to the first few years with twins. He gives practical and detailed advice on feeding, getting them to sleep, diapering and potty training, traveling with twins, and how to treat each twin as individuals. In each chapter, there is also advice from other parents of multiples which I thought was great to give insight into the various aspects of raising twins.
- Even though this book is about being a dad to twins, Rawlinson doesn’t forget the moms and encourages dads to be mindful of their partners, to support them and always be a team.
- The book doesn’t just discuss daily life with twins – Rawlinson also covers big-picture topics like managing family finances and balancing personal time.
- Need advice or recommendations on products? Need more resources about raising multiples? Yup, this book gives you that too.
- Overall, Dad’s Guide to Raising Twins is an easy read, almost like a one-on-one sit down with the author. I also think the chapters are well divided so you don’t need to be a new dad to twins to appreciate this. Done with potty training? No worries, skip straight to the chapters on teaching your twins to swim, or how to plan for a college fund for two kids at one time.
This is a great gift for Father’s Day, so go buy your copy of Dad’s Guide to Raising Twins: How to Thrive as a Father of Twins now! For more stories and advice from a father’s perspective on raising twins, head to Joe’s website Dad’s Guide to Twins, like his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter.
We were given a complimentary copy of the book for review purposes. All comments and opinions are our own.